Adding Shutters to Specialty Shaped WindowsWindows come in all shapes and sizes, not just rectangles and squares. Modern homes are complete with ornate specialty shaped windows in half-circle, angle top, and elliptical designs. While these windows add a touch of sophisticated interior design, they also present a unique challenge. How can you find blinds, curtains or shutters that fit an irregularly shaped window? In many cases, finding the right window treatment option can be difficult because whenever you find a covering style you like, you can’t find the shape you need. The solution is actually pretty simple when you purchase custom-fitted plantation shutters. This is a long-term fix that complements the style of your home, while adding a high-end covering for the arch window. What are interior plantation shutters and how can they be used in your home?
How it works…Plantation shutters are installed on the interior side of your window. Made with a durable UltraSatin™ finish, Eclipse Shutters® have adjustable louvers that let in natural daylight for any window shape or size. Shown in the following image, these custom-fit shutters can be added to any type of window in any room of your home, making it the perfect solution for an interior window treatment. Plantation shutters are rooted in traditional style, but are now the most popular and in-style option for homeowners across the country. Why and how are these coverings a solution for your home?
- They fit any window shape. At Eclipse Shutters®, our plantation shutters can be installed on arch window designs including: Half Circle, Eyebrow, Quarter Circle, Tunnel, Elliptical, Symmetrical Angle Top, Angle Top, Hexagon, Full Rake, Half Rake, and Octagon.
- Plantation shutters are custom sized. How big is your arch window? When you choose Eclipse Shutters®, your dealer or distributor will create a custom-made product just for your home. From 36” half-circle windows to 72” elliptical windows, the shutters are always custom-made to meet your specific design specifications. All of these products are produced within just 7 business days – the fastest time in the industry.
- There are unlimited customization options. You can choose the louver size (space between horizontal slats) on your window shutters and choose the right frame style (the exterior trim of the shutter) for your home. You can also choose the color option that will best match your interior.
- They are easy to install. From purchase to installation, Eclipse Shutters® are designed to make the homeowner’s job easier. Whether you choose professional installation or do-it-yourself shutter installation, our online tutorials and instruction guides make it easy to upgrade the look and feel of any room.
- Plantation shutters adjust with one touch. Because of shape alone, blinds or curtains are difficult to adjust on arch windows. Plantation shutters make it easy. With a simple hand-operated front or rear tilt bar, a plantation shutter gives you the ability to adjust lighting at any time of day or at any window height.
- Best of all, they’re incredibly easy to maintain. Eclipse interior plantation shutters can be cleaned with a damp cloth – that’s it. The nonporous surface is mold and mildew-resistant and also constructed to prevent heat damage, cracking, and warping. Our products come with a comprehensive 25-year warranty to protect your home’s investment.
Plantation shutters for arch windows are one of the best deals in the industry. They add an instant level of style and sophistication to any room and they’re also cost-effective. With a 25-year warranty, the lifetime cost of a single plantation shutter will be significantly cheaper than the typical buy-and-replace mentality of other low-quality window treatments. For more information about arch window treatments, contact Eclipse Shutters® to find a dealer near you. Here are more examples of plantation shutters & coverings on specialty window shapes: